Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Justina Justina is offline

Default Two-Input table

Thankyou Roger, Your help is very much appreciated...
Regards Justina

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Justina

In addition to what Max has given you, do ensure that in
ToolsoptionsCalculation you are set to Automatic, and not Automatic
except Tables
Otherwise you will have a frustrating time wondering why Max's file
works, and yours doesn't.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Justina" wrote in message
Thanku kindly Max... I will give it ago tonight when children go to
bed...Have a look in tomorrow just incase i need your help...Once
again...many thanks

Justina

"Max" wrote:

In A1: 2500, in B1: 75%, then in C1: =A1*B1
C1 is the base formula, A1 & B1 are the 2 variables

To set-up the 2 variable data table
Place in say, B3: =C1
(just a simple link pointing to the base formula cell)

List sample values for row inputs in C3:H3, eg: 1000, 1500, .. 3500
List sample values for col inputs in B4:B12, eg: 50%, 55%, .. 90%

Select B3:H12
Click Data Table
In the Table dialog, enter for
Row input: A1
Column input: B1
Click OK. That's it!. The data table's done ..
--
Max
Singapore
"Justina" wrote:
Allowence $au 2500
Exchange rate 75%
Converted rate 1875

How do i do a two input table to calculate rates on a table
A B C D E
$1875 1000 1500 2000 2500
50%
55%
60%
70%
so it calcualtes the rates for me? i have fiddles around with a few
different ways but am getting no where fast.
Please Help and thanks in advanced...I am a new user so be
sensitive
please....