Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ed Ed is offline

Default Delete two columns with formula

I need to delete 2 columns (with formula) and only display the last two
columns.

When I delete the first 2 columns, the last two columns display #REF!.

I know I can copy the info I need to a new sheet and paste special the
value. Is there a way to fix this on the current sheet I am working on.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"ED" wrote in message
I need to delete 2 columns (with formula) and only display the last two
columns.

When I delete the first 2 columns, the last two columns display #REF!.

I know I can copy the info I need to a new sheet and paste special the
value. Is there a way to fix this on the current sheet I am working on.

Thanks.

Well obviously the last two columns contain references to the two columns
that you delete. You need to either remove the references to the columns
that you want to delete, or, more simply, just hide them.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Ed
The last 2 columns are probably displaying #REF because they have formulas
in them that depend on values in the 2 columns that you are deleting. You
need to either keep the first 2 columns (hide them if you want) or copy-paste
special-values the last 2 columns (right over the top of the existing
formulas if you want).
Will