Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Conditional Format order

Hi all,
Is there an easy way of changing the order of the three conditional
formats for a cell, or do I just have to re-type them all?
Thanks - Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sorry, no quick and easy way - just be glad there aren't more to deal with!

Do remember that you can change groups of cells to same conditions, at least
you don't have to do that one at a time.

" wrote:

Hi all,
Is there an easy way of changing the order of the three conditional
formats for a cell, or do I just have to re-type them all?
Thanks - Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You could open Notepad and paste the formulas there.

Then copy|paste in your new order.

(Might save a bit of typing.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Yeah, thanks. That is easier than re-typing. By the way, I use Excel
2003. Do later versions allow easy chage of conditional format order?
Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Yes, In XL2007 you can change the order.
Highlight the formula for the Conditional Format, and adjacent to the
options to Edit, Delete etc are 2 arrows pointing Up or Down.
Use these to move the conditions to whatever order is required.

--
Regards

Roger Govier