-   -   Conditional Format order (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/147725-conditional-format-order.html)

[email protected]

Conditional Format order

Hi all,
Is there an easy way of changing the order of the three conditional
formats for a cell, or do I just have to re-type them all?
Thanks - Dave.

JLatham

Conditional Format order

Sorry, no quick and easy way - just be glad there aren't more to deal with!

Do remember that you can change groups of cells to same conditions, at least
you don't have to do that one at a time.

" wrote:

Hi all,
Is there an easy way of changing the order of the three conditional
formats for a cell, or do I just have to re-type them all?
Thanks - Dave.

Dave Peterson

Conditional Format order

You could open Notepad and paste the formulas there.

Then copy|paste in your new order.

(Might save a bit of typing.)

--

Dave Peterson

[email protected]

Conditional Format order

Yeah, thanks. That is easier than re-typing. By the way, I use Excel
2003. Do later versions allow easy chage of conditional format order?
Dave.

Dave Peterson

Conditional Format order

I haven't used xl2007 enough to know.

Maybe someone else will jump in.

wrote:

Yeah, thanks. That is easier than re-typing. By the way, I use Excel
2003. Do later versions allow easy chage of conditional format order?
Dave.

--

Dave Peterson

Roger Govier

Conditional Format order

Yes, In XL2007 you can change the order.
Highlight the formula for the Conditional Format, and adjacent to the
options to Edit, Delete etc are 2 arrows pointing Up or Down.
Use these to move the conditions to whatever order is required.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote:

Yeah, thanks. That is easier than re-typing. By the way, I use Excel
2003. Do later versions allow easy chage of conditional format order?
Dave.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson