Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default I do not know how to get my gridlines to stay

Oh my I have no idea why I lose my gridlines. I start out with them rthen I
hit print preview and they dissapear. Where do I find out how to use excel,
kindergarden instructions.
Lynn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Jun 6, 7:25 pm, Lynn wrote:
Oh my I have no idea why I lose my gridlines. I start out with
them rthen I hit print preview and they dissapear.

Click on File - Page Setup - Sheet and click on the box next to
Gridlines (under Print) to put a check mark in the box.

Caveat: When you do Print Preview, some gridlines might seem not to
be there. This is a display resolution issue. Sometimes, zooming in
the Print Preview helps; sometimes not. If you see some gridlines,
but not others, just take it on faith that all gridlines will print.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Lynn

FilePage SetupSheet. Put checkmark in "Gridlines" and take checkmark out of
"Draft Quality".

For learning to use Excel try these sites.

http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html

http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...831141033.aspx

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 19:25:02 -0700, Lynn wrote:

Oh my I have no idea why I lose my gridlines. I start out with them rthen I
hit print preview and they dissapear. Where do I find out how to use excel,
kindergarden instructions.
Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Lynn,
If you want gridlines to stick for printing you probably want
to use borders instead, because gridlines will be wiped out
around a cell with a background color. A background of white
is not the same as automatic (no background).

Gridlines and Borders
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/gridline.htm

--
HTH,