Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Saving customized excel toolbar

Is there anyway to save customized toolbar for Excel?
Once in a while my customized toolbar disappears.
So I got to repeat customizing toolbar so often.
I hope that a file similar to "Normal.do" for word exists for excel.
I am currently using 2003Office Suite under WinXP Pro SP2.
Roman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Roman

Customizations to Toolbars and Menus are saved in your Excel11.xlb file.

Usually stored in...........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

but if on a network may be somewhere else. Do a file search for *.xlb if need
be. You may have more than one so note which one changes when you make a new
customization.

Make a backup copy when good so's you can recover.

For added info from Dave Peterson............................

Your life will become much simpler if you include code to create the toolbar
when the workbook is opened and include code to destroy the toolbar when the
workbook is closed.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

End Dave quote..........................................

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 13:19:30 -0600, "Roman King" wrote:

Is there anyway to save customized toolbar for Excel?
Once in a while my customized toolbar disappears.
So I got to repeat customizing toolbar so often.
I hope that a file similar to "Normal.do" for word exists for excel.
I am currently using 2003Office Suite under WinXP Pro SP2.
Roman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you Gord,

I should have known this template 10 years ago.
This disappearing toolbar bothered me for a long time.
Thank you again.