Cookie

Default How do I save an excel folder to disk?

The HELP directions don't help me.
RWN

Assuming you mean floppy;
Save it to you Hard drive and use Windows Explorer to copy it to your floppy.

--
Regards;
Rob
"Cookie" wrote in message
The HELP directions don't help me.

gls858

Cookie wrote:
The HELP directions don't help me.

In Excel go to File Save As then select where you would like
to save the file.

gls858
JulieD

Hi gls858

just to let you know that it is not a good idea to do file / save directly
to a floppy or to file / open directly from a floppy ... both of these are
know to corrupt files - rather it is always best to do as RWN suggested in
their response, which was to save it to the hard disk and then use windows
explorer or my computer to copy it onto the floppy.

cheers
JulieD

"gls858" wrote in message
Cookie wrote:
The HELP directions don't help me.

In Excel go to File Save As then select where you would like
to save the file.

gls858

gls858

"gls858" wrote in message

Cookie wrote:

The HELP directions don't help me.

In Excel go to File Save As then select where you would like
to save the file.

gls858

Thanks for pointing that out. I was not aware of that. I've saved
many files directly to a floppy without any problems, but that was
quite some time ago. Haven't used floppies in ages.

gls858

Don Guillett

These might prove useful. NEVER SAVE to a floppy or CD

Sub CopyToFloppy()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
IsFloppyReady
SaveClientName
Dim fso As Object
myfile = ActiveWorkbook.Name
fso.CopyFile "c:\keystone\" & myfile, "a:\"
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

Sub CopyFromFloppy()
GetFloppyFiles = Shell("C:\KeyStone\FloppyToKeystone.bat", 1)
End Sub
the bat file below
echo copying files from floppy
copy a:\*.xls c:\KeyStone\

Sub IsFloppyReady()
Dim drv As String
Dim s As String
Dim fso
s = "Drive A has no Floppy..." & vbLf & _
"Please insert a floppy in the 'A' Drive"
With fso
drv = .GetDriveName("A:\")
'// Is Drive Ready? (No Floppy in A:)?
If Not .getdrive(drv).IsReady Then