Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Output to calendar

I'm sure there is a simple solution for this, but I'm new to tring to do very
much with Excel. I have a list of tasks that are due on dates over a 6
months period. I would like to create a calendar for each month and for each
month lists each tasks that occurs on on the appropriate day of the month.
How do I do this? Spreadsheet has a task, date on each row.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
OSK OSK is offline

Hi:

If I'm understanding your issue, I guess is pretty much simpler to use
Project or even the Outlook calendar and tasks than trying to get all this
information into Excel; Why don't you try it?.... Hope it helps

"Mary" wrote:

I'm sure there is a simple solution for this, but I'm new to tring to do very
much with Excel. I have a list of tasks that are due on dates over a 6
months period. I would like to create a calendar for each month and for each
month lists each tasks that occurs on on the appropriate day of the month.
How do I do this? Spreadsheet has a task, date on each row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Mary" wrote:

I'm sure there is a simple solution for this, but I'm new to tring to do very
much with Excel. I have a list of tasks that are due on dates over a 6
months period. I would like to create a calendar for each month and for each
month lists each tasks that occurs on on the appropriate day of the month.
How do I do this? Spreadsheet has a task, date on each row.

I agree with OSK Outlook would probably work best, but if I were to use
Excel for this task I would
have a worksheet for each month. I would then put 06/01/07 in A1
06/02/07 in A2 highlight both cells and drag the fill handle down. You
now have a sheet with a row for each day I would then put the task on
the appropriate row. You could duplicate this process for each month or
you could create all 6 sheets first and then group them together and
perform the date fill in once for all of the sheets at the same time and
just edit out the dates like 09/31/07.

Post back if you have questions.

gls858