Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Problem with preventing objects moving and sizing with cells

I have cells that have a larger amount of data than others and so my row
becomes distorted. I have tried to use the Excel Search for help and I was
able to find a solution to my problem but I am having another issue:

According to the Search result, "On the Format menu, click the command for
the type of object you selected, for example Object or Selected Chart Area,
and then click the Properties tab." The problem is after I select the text
and click the Format menu at the top, my only options a cells, row,
column, sheet, auto-format, conditional format, and style and there is NO
properties tab. I have also tried using the drawing toolbar to create a group
but that didn't work either.

I would appreciate any help. I imagine it's probably a simple task but I'm
just beginning to use Excel more. Thank you so much in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Right-click on the object's outer perimeter and you should get a menu with
Format object or Properties oir Format Control or similar on it.

Depends upon what type of object.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 May 2007 15:21:02 -0700, Nichelle H. <Nichelle
wrote:

I have cells that have a larger amount of data than others and so my row
becomes distorted. I have tried to use the Excel Search for help and I was
able to find a solution to my problem but I am having another issue:

According to the Search result, "On the Format menu, click the command for
the type of object you selected, for example Object or Selected Chart Area,
and then click the Properties tab." The problem is after I select the text
and click the Format menu at the top, my only options a cells, row,
column, sheet, auto-format, conditional format, and style and there is NO
properties tab. I have also tried using the drawing toolbar to create a group
but that didn't work either.

I would appreciate any help. I imagine it's probably a simple task but I'm
just beginning to use Excel more. Thank you so much in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I presume you are talking about objects on the sheet and not data within
cells on a sheet. Such as a text box, command button, picture, etc? Try
Right-Clicking on the object itself and choose [Format ...] where ... may be
Object, Shape, Picture, TextBox or whatever.

In pre-2007 Excel, choose the [Format...] entry in the list and then go to
the [Properties] tab in the dialog that opens.

In Excel 2007 choose the [Size and Properties] option and then the
[Properties] tab of the dialog that opens to tell it how to handle
movement/sizing.