Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Problem with preventing objects moving and sizing with cells

Right-click on the object's outer perimeter and you should get a menu with
Format object or Properties oir Format Control or similar on it.

Depends upon what type of object.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 May 2007 15:21:02 -0700, Nichelle H. <Nichelle
wrote:

I have cells that have a larger amount of data than others and so my row
becomes distorted. I have tried to use the Excel Search for help and I was
able to find a solution to my problem but I am having another issue:

According to the Search result, "On the Format menu, click the command for
the type of object you selected, for example Object or Selected Chart Area,
and then click the Properties tab." The problem is after I select the text
and click the Format menu at the top, my only options a cells, row,
column, sheet, auto-format, conditional format, and style and there is NO
properties tab. I have also tried using the drawing toolbar to create a group
but that didn't work either.

I would appreciate any help. I imagine it's probably a simple task but I'm
just beginning to use Excel more. Thank you so much in advance!