Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default rounding the answer of a formula

=CEILING(A2,0.01)

with the formula in A2

Peo Sjoblom

"Boze" wrote in message
I want to divide one number by another and round the answer up to the
nearest hundreth.
Ie, 38 inches divided by 12 equals 3.17.
Right now I can DISPLAY the 3.17 but when using that in a formula it's
calculating with 3.1667

Thanks in advance
Boze

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

One way:

=ROUNDUP(A5/12,2)

In article ,
"Boze" wrote:

Thank you!

Instead of a number how would I write this if I wanted to reference a cell?
There will be a column of numbers and I'll want to divide each number by 12.
A5/12
A6/12
A7/12 etc

Thanks
Boze

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
one way:

=ROUNDUP(38/12,2)

In article ,
"Boze" wrote:

I want to divide one number by another and round the answer up to the
nearest hundreth.
Ie, 38 inches divided by 12 equals 3.17.
Right now I can DISPLAY the 3.17 but when using that in a formula it's
calculating with 3.1667

Thanks in advance
Boze

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=ROUNDUP(A5/12,2) entered in B5.

Double-click on B5 fill handle to copy down as far as you have numbers in A.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Boze" wrote:

I want to divide one number by another and round the answer up to the
nearest hundreth.
Ie, 38 inches divided by 12 equals 3.17.
Right now I can DISPLAY the 3.17 but when using that in a formula it's
calculating with 3.1667

Thanks in advance
Boze

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks, I'll try that. I've never heard of or seen 'Ceiling' before. Very
cool

Thanks again
Boze

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
=CEILING(A2,0.01)

with the formula in A2

Peo Sjoblom

"Boze" wrote in message
I want to divide one number by another and round the answer up to the
nearest hundreth.
Ie, 38 inches divided by 12 equals 3.17.
Right now I can DISPLAY the 3.17 but when using that in a formula it's
calculating with 3.1667

Thanks in advance
Boze

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

FormatCellsNumberNumber. Set to two decimal places.

Gord

On Thu, 31 May 2007 11:05:49 -0700, "Boze" wrote:

That works great. Is there a way that I can get zeros to show so there's
always 2 digits after the decimal point? 3.00 instead of 3 ?

.. .