Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula gives me the same answer

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(E56,'Sales Report '!$1:$65536,12,FALSE)),"
",VLOOKUP(E56,'Sales Report '!$1:$65536,12,FALSE))

Hello , the above formula always gives me the same answer, the answer to
cell E56 is 12, when I copied the formula all the way down that answer is
still 12
what's going on? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mar 6, 7:11 pm, Wanna Learn
wrote:
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(E56,'Sales Report '!$1:$65536,12,FALSE)),"
",VLOOKUP(E56,'Sales Report '!$1:$65536,12,FALSE))

Hello , the above formula always gives me the same answer, the answer to
cell E56 is 12, when I copied the formula all the way down that answer is
still 12
what's going on? thanks

Have you checked calculation? Tools|Options|Calculation tab. Is it set
to manual? Change to Automatic.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Works okay for me.

What is in E56, E57?

Do they match values in column A on 'Sales Report '?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(E56,'Sales Report '!$1:$65536,12,FALSE)),"
",VLOOKUP(E56,'Sales Report '!$1:$65536,12,FALSE))

Hello , the above formula always gives me the same answer, the answer to
cell E56 is 12, when I copied the formula all the way down that answer is
still 12
what's going on? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First you need a lookup range instead of just rows and ONLY use the rows in
your table instead of the last row. Then lock the range with absolutes. Then
copy down to lookup e57, e58, etc.
example
$a$1:$x$100,12,0

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(E56,'Sales Report '!$1:$65536,12,FALSE)),"
",VLOOKUP(E56,'Sales Report '!$1:$65536,12,FALSE))

Hello , the above formula always gives me the same answer, the answer to
cell E56 is 12, when I copied the formula all the way down that answer is
still 12
what's going on? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Common problem......not yet fixed in 2007 version.

ToolsOptionsCalculation can be Auto or Manual.

Excel takes the Calculation mode each session from the settings on the first
workbook opened in that session.

i.e. If you saved Book1 with calc mode in manual and opened it first, calc
mode would be in Manual.

If you saved Book2 with calc mode in auto and opened it after Book1, Book2
would be in manual mode(Excel ignores the auto calc mode in this case).

If you close Book1 before opening Book2, Book2 will be in auto calc mode.

Confusing enough? <g

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP