Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Find data within a spreadsheet

Hi All
I've created a spreadsheet with all our companys phone numbers.
I wanna create a search that will display all the information of what im
searching for.
Ive got 6 colums
company, contact, tel number, fax number, cell number, refference

basiccaly when i search a company, or contact, i want all the information
under the searched company or name to display in the same colums as it is
displayed above.

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

Just use DataFilterAutofilter and use the dropdown to select company.
All of the data across all columns will show for just that company name.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Fristy" wrote in message
Hi All
I've created a spreadsheet with all our companys phone numbers.
I wanna create a search that will display all the information of what
im
searching for.
Ive got 6 colums
company, contact, tel number, fax number, cell number, refference

basiccaly when i search a company, or contact, i want all the
information
under the searched company or name to display in the same colums as it
is
displayed above.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you roger

It didnt work, that function is already activated, but we got about 1000
companies and contacts in that list, and some of the people at our company is
not very computer litterate, so i have to make it as easy as possible for
them. When you use the function u talking abot and you type the name of the
company, it only jumps all over, because it goes to the first letter u type,
ie, telkom, its gonaa jump to everything that starts with a "T", then to
everything that starts with an "E" etc.

i need a function, even if i have to do it on a second sheet, to make the
person type in telkom, then press enter, and every thing we have with telkom
in it displays, allmost like a windows search.

Regards
Stanley

"Fristy" wrote in message
Hi All
I've created a spreadsheet with all our companys phone numbers.
I wanna create a search that will display all the information of what
im
searching for.
Ive got 6 colums
company, contact, tel number, fax number, cell number, refference

basiccaly when i search a company, or contact, i want all the
information
under the searched company or name to display in the same colums as it
is
displayed above.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

Then take a look at Advanced Filter at Debra Dalgleish's site

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs
--
Regards

Roger Govier