Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Creating some sort of button that will take you to a new worksheet

I am not so much of a new user, but use Excel so infrequently that I usually
spend an entire day re-learning everything. I am using Excel 2002.

My client is requesting I create a form in Excel. Everything was going well
until I get to the request where they want some sort of button or something
that will allow them to click it and automatically be taken to a new form
(work sheet) if they click it. I am thinking it should go to the first cell
enterable cell in the new worksheet.

Any suggestions? Is this even possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Do you want to move to another (existing) sheet, or do you want to create a
new sheet when you click on this button?
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"Sonya" wrote:

I am not so much of a new user, but use Excel so infrequently that I usually
spend an entire day re-learning everything. I am using Excel 2002.

My client is requesting I create a form in Excel. Everything was going well
until I get to the request where they want some sort of button or something
that will allow them to click it and automatically be taken to a new form
(work sheet) if they click it. I am thinking it should go to the first cell
enterable cell in the new worksheet.

Any suggestions? Is this even possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you create the new form as a template and save it with the cell you want
it to be started with as the active cell - delete any inactive sheets from
the template. You could then use the following code in the click event of
your command button:

Sheets.Add Type:= "Filepath\Filename.xlt"

One thing to be aware of on this is that if you have named ranges within
your templates these will cause a warning message so it is best if these are
removed.

Hth

Jon

"Sonya" wrote:

I am not so much of a new user, but use Excel so infrequently that I
usually
spend an entire day re-learning everything. I am using Excel 2002.

My client is requesting I create a form in Excel. Everything was going
well
until I get to the request where they want some sort of button or
something
that will allow them to click it and automatically be taken to a new form
(work sheet) if they click it. I am thinking it should go to the first
cell
enterable cell in the new worksheet.

Any suggestions? Is this even possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Creating some sort of button that will take you to a new works

Hi,

First let me apologize because I probably haven't described this well at
all. Basically, this will be a form stored on a company's Intranet (so I
don't know if having a separate template file is feasible). Basically, this
was my solution to a situation where the user completes the form to a point,
then there is a "Manager Only" section which I was thinking could be another
form in the same workbook. I was thinking they could click a button, go to
the first field of the new form, complete the new form and then click another
button on THAT form that takes you BACK to the first form in the next field
where they left off.

Clear as mud, I am sure.

If it doesn't work, that's okay. It was just my thought to make this a
little bit more user-friendly. And I appreciate your thoughts on this.