Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Adding hours to time in Excel

I'm trying to figure out a formula to correct add time to hours.

For example, we have a job starting at 6AM and it will run for 5
hours. I want to the formula to automatically calculate that the next
job will start at 11AM. Is there a formula for this?

Thanks,
SKA120

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If A1 contains the start time then
=A1+5/24
will show the time 5 hours later

Just divide the extra hours by 24
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200719

" wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a formula to correct add time to hours.

For example, we have a job starting at 6AM and it will run for 5
hours. I want to the formula to automatically calculate that the next
job will start at 11AM. Is there a formula for this?

Thanks,
SKA120

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

hi.
i'm korean microsoft OFFICE EXCEL MVP
THANKS A LOT.

I DON'T KNOW VERY WELL.

I THINK,

=A1+TIME(5,0,0)

" wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a formula to correct add time to hours.

For example, we have a job starting at 6AM and it will run for 5
hours. I want to the formula to automatically calculate that the next
job will start at 11AM. Is there a formula for this?

Thanks,
SKA120

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Peo Sjoblom

HI,

HOW are you doing?

excel answer , WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

once more.

thanks a lot.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Try that with 30 hours

Peo Sjoblom

" wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a formula to correct add time to hours.

For example, we have a job starting at 6AM and it will run for 5
hours. I want to the formula to automatically calculate that the next
job will start at 11AM. Is there a formula for this?

Thanks,
SKA120

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I am saying that your solution will not work if you add 30 hours

Peo Sjoblom

"???" wrote in message
Peo Sjoblom

HI,

HOW are you doing?

excel answer , WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

once more.

thanks a lot.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Try that with 30 hours

Peo Sjoblom

" wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a formula to correct add time to hours.

For example, we have a job starting at 6AM and it will run for 5
hours. I want to the formula to automatically calculate that the
next
job will start at 11AM. Is there a formula for this?

Thanks,
SKA120

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

hi, Peo Sjoblom