Jono

Default Adding time in hours

I am trying to keep a rolling total of aircraft flight hours. When the base
hours is greater than 10000:00 excel will not add the next days total. It
seems that the base hours need to be equal to or less than 9999:00, however
many of the aircraft have done more that 10000:00 hours
--
Jono Blowes
Anne Troy

LOL. Many CREW have done more than 10,000 also, right? Why don't you just
format the result as numbers instead of as time?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Jono" wrote in message
I am trying to keep a rolling total of aircraft flight hours. When the
base
hours is greater than 10000:00 excel will not add the next days total. It
seems that the base hours need to be equal to or less than 9999:00,
however
many of the aircraft have done more that 10000:00 hours
--
Jono Blowes

Bob Phillips

Jono,

This is an Excel oddity, and I found that as long as you keep below 10000
for the base number, you can continue adding it without problem.

So, you can work around it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips