Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default hidden comments

I have a workbook on which I have been using comments. The comments are set
to hidden (by right clicking on comment cell). Normally, I point to the cell
with the red triangle at the top right and the comment shows as a cell tip.
I have just added several more comments and can only see them if I right
click and select to show comments which results in them being more
permanently displayed. Is there a limit to the number of comments allowed on
aworksheet? Have I pressed a key combination which has resulted in the
comments not appearing when I hover the mouse over the triangles?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Donna

Are you saying you can see the red triangles but the Comments don't show when
you hover?

Or no triangles show?

If the latter, go to ToolsOptionsView and checkmark under Comments "Comment
Indicator Only"

If the former, I don't know what's going on.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 May 2007 13:27:01 -0700, DonnaO
wrote:

I have a workbook on which I have been using comments. The comments are set
to hidden (by right clicking on comment cell). Normally, I point to the cell
with the red triangle at the top right and the comment shows as a cell tip.
I have just added several more comments and can only see them if I right
click and select to show comments which results in them being more
permanently displayed. Is there a limit to the number of comments allowed on
aworksheet? Have I pressed a key combination which has resulted in the
comments not appearing when I hover the mouse over the triangles?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

?B?RG9ubmFP?= wrote in
:

wrote:

I have a workbook on which I have been using comments. The comments
are set to hidden (by right clicking on comment cell). Normally, I
point to the cell with the red triangle at the top right and the
comment shows as a cell tip. I have just added several more
comments and can only see them if I right click and select to show
comments which results in them being more permanently displayed. Is
there a limit to the number of comments allowed on aworksheet? Have
I pressed a key combination which has resulted in the comments not
appearing when I hover the mouse over the triangles?

Most of the time... if you change an option and then set it back to
default, any error will correct itself. So I would try this...

Tools Options View Tab Comments section - Set it to 'None' and
click Ok. Then go back into the options and set it back to 'Comment
Indicator Only' and click Ok.

HTH