Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to calculate expiry date

How do i calculate an expiry date with Date of policy eg: 4 Apr and insurance
period, ie: 60 days, with excel 2000, i am a new user. Thanks in advanced im
stuck.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

With the start date in A1:
=A1+60

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Justina" wrote in message ...
| How do i calculate an expiry date with Date of policy eg: 4 Apr and insurance
| period, ie: 60 days, with excel 2000, i am a new user. Thanks in advanced im
| stuck.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:16:01 -0700 from Justina
:
How do i calculate an expiry date with Date of policy eg: 4 Apr and insurance
period, ie: 60 days, with excel 2000, i am a new user. Thanks in advanced im
stuck.

If the policy date is in cell A1, this formula does it:
=A1+60

If the policy date is in cell A1 and the term is in A2, this formula
does it:
=A1+A2

(And I don't think "ie" or even "i.e." means what you think it
means.)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

(And I don't think "ie" or even "i.e." means what you think it
means.)

A very common misuse. I was actually taught at school that i.e.
meant 'for instance'. It wasn't till well after I left school that I
discovered the true meaning to be 'that is' or 'that is to say'.

Regards
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I need to calculate an Expiry Date with date of Policy 4 April and 60 days Insurance period. with Excel 2010. Thank you.

On Saturday, April 21, 2007 2:16 AM Justin wrote:

How do i calculate an expiry date with Date of policy eg: 4 Apr and insurance
period, ie: 60 days, with excel 2000, i am a new user. Thanks in advanced im
stuck.

On Saturday, April 21, 2007 5:10 AM Niek Otten wrote:

With the start date in A1:
=A1+60

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

On Sunday, April 22, 2007 9:04 AM Justin wrote:

Thankyou all, ya learn something everyday, i love it!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The answer is still the same three and a half years later and with a
newer issue of Excel.
=A1+60 is still the formula.

David Biddulph