Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date Expiry function

Hi,

I need to setup my excell spreadsheet that is doing some calculations, in
such a way that after certain date ,(say 25/01/2007) the spread**** is going
to be rendered as disabled so that nobody (spreadseett wil be available
through LAN of my company) can input any more data till another spreadsheet
is available after data analysys.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Aleks

You need code to do that.
If the user disable macro's it is possible to change the data

Is code a option ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Aleks" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I need to setup my excell spreadsheet that is doing some calculations, in
such a way that after certain date ,(say 25/01/2007) the spread**** is going
to be rendered as disabled so that nobody (spreadseett wil be available
through LAN of my company) can input any more data till another spreadsheet
is available after data analysys.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Aleks

You can use the workbook open event to close the workbook after a certain date

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
If Date DateSerial(2007, 1, 25) Then
ThisWorkbook.Close False

can input any more data till another spreadsheet
is available after data analysys.

You can also test with Dir if the other workbook is there before you close the file

--

"Aleks" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I need to setup my excell spreadsheet that is doing some calculations, in
such a way that after certain date ,(say 25/01/2007) the spread**** is going
to be rendered as disabled so that nobody (spreadseett wil be available
through LAN of my company) can input any more data till another spreadsheet
is available after data analysys.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

You can write conditional formulas like =IF(today()<39107,A1+B1,"out of date").
You can also set up "things to happen" under macro control. But most, if
not all of these things can be overturned by someone with higher Excel skills
and the desire to do so.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Aleks" wrote:

Hi,

I need to setup my excell spreadsheet that is doing some calculations, in
such a way that after certain date ,(say 25/01/2007) the spread**** is going
to be rendered as disabled so that nobody (spreadseett wil be available
through LAN of my company) can input any more data till another spreadsheet
is available after data analysys.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Aleks

How do intend to "force" users to enable macros?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Aleks" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I need to setup my excell spreadsheet that is doing some calculations, in
such a way that after certain date ,(say 25/01/2007) the spread**** is going
to be rendered as disabled so that nobody (spreadseett wil be available
through LAN of my company) can input any more data till another spreadsheet
is available after data analysys.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi all,

i found somewhere something about forcing user to enable macros it goes like
this but i still have to figure it out

"The next step is to force the user to enable your macro when opening your
file. The best way is to use a macro to hide the important sheets (see Hiding
sheets) when saving your file. Upon opening the file, a macro will be used to
unhide these sheets. If the user disables the macros when opening the
worksheet, they will not be able to view your worksheet unless they allow the
macro to run." End quote

i know it will be very hard to prevent skillfull person to alter the code
aventually but if it will keep regular and somewhat more profficient users of
getting in it should be good enough..

thank you both for posting the solution, i will try to make something out of
it..

what do you think about certificate authority regarding this particular date
requirement?..is it possible to do something with it?

Best Regards,
Aleks