Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default ###### when trying to enter a $ fugure

I am getting ##### but closer together in my worksheet when trying to enter a
sales figure, i have chkd the format cells option with no joy, the rest of
the worksheet is behaving except this column, Doh!! any suggestions??? Please
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Are you sure the cell is formatted as General (or some other number format)
and not Date. The Date format makes #### a lot.

If that doesn't work try using the format painter to copy the format from a
column that is working to the column that isn't working. You may have to
re-enter the values after you change the format however.

Hope that helps.

"Justina" wrote:

I am getting ##### but closer together in my worksheet when trying to enter a
sales figure, i have chkd the format cells option with no joy, the rest of
the worksheet is behaving except this column, Doh!! any suggestions??? Please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks William...Whats happening is when i enter the figure it is as it
should be until i press enter and then it turns to ####### but as i say
closer together..It doesnt matter what i do i cant seem to shake it, i know i
must be doing something wrong but i just cant figure it out. I am a new user
so that doesnt help, i am using 2000, can you think of anything else it may
be???

"Justina" wrote:

I am getting ##### but closer together in my worksheet when trying to enter a
sales figure, i have chkd the format cells option with no joy, the rest of
the worksheet is behaving except this column, Doh!! any suggestions??? Please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Got it now, i dont know what i was doing but i just cleared that column and
started again and all was ok...Thanks for your help....

"Justina" wrote:

I am getting ##### but closer together in my worksheet when trying to enter a
sales figure, i have chkd the format cells option with no joy, the rest of
the worksheet is behaving except this column, Doh!! any suggestions??? Please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

That is the message Excel gives when there is not enough room to display the
whole contents, most often seen with dates. Just make your column a little
wider.
--
Best Regards,

Luke Moraga