Old April 20th 07, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default ###### when trying to enter a $ fugure

I am getting ##### but closer together in my worksheet when trying to enter a
sales figure, i have chkd the format cells option with no joy, the rest of
the worksheet is behaving except this column, Doh!! any suggestions??? Please

Old April 20th 07, 02:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Are you sure the cell is formatted as General (or some other number format)
and not Date. The Date format makes #### a lot.

If that doesn't work try using the format painter to copy the format from a
column that is working to the column that isn't working. You may have to
re-enter the values after you change the format however.

Hope that helps.

Old April 20th 07, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks William...Whats happening is when i enter the figure it is as it
should be until i press enter and then it turns to ####### but as i say
closer together..It doesnt matter what i do i cant seem to shake it, i know i
must be doing something wrong but i just cant figure it out. I am a new user
so that doesnt help, i am using 2000, can you think of anything else it may
be???

Old April 20th 07, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Got it now, i dont know what i was doing but i just cleared that column and
started again and all was ok...Thanks for your help....

Old April 23rd 07, 09:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

That is the message Excel gives when there is not enough room to display the
whole contents, most often seen with dates. Just make your column a little
wider.
--
Best Regards,

Luke Moraga