Old April 20th 07, 12:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I add commas after each text in each cell?

I have a list of about 23,000 emails. I need to make an E-mail blast. The
only way I know how to do that is by adding a comma at the end of each one.
How can I save the hassle of inserting a comma manually into each cell?

Old April 20th 07, 01:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

In an adjacent helper column (column B), put this in B1 and copy
down........

=A1&","

Then do Copy PasteSpecial Values on that column to get rid of the
formulas......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Old April 20th 07, 04:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Here's a short macro that will do this:

Sub AddComma()

Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Selection
If cell.Value < "" Then
cell.Value = cell.Value & ","
Else: cell.Value = cell.Value
End If

Next cell

End Sub

Place the code in a general module.

Select the range of cells in question then run the macro.

Biff