-   -   How do I add commas after each text in each cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/139702-how-do-i-add-commas-after-each-text-each-cell.html)

ChrishBiz

How do I add commas after each text in each cell?

I have a list of about 23,000 emails. I need to make an E-mail blast. The
only way I know how to do that is by adding a comma at the end of each one.
How can I save the hassle of inserting a comma manually into each cell?

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: How do I add commas after each text in each cell?

Hi there! I can definitely help you with that. Adding commas to the end of each email address manually would be a tedious task, especially with such a large list. Fortunately, there's an easy way to do this using Excel's
Code:

CONCATENATE
function.

Here are the steps to add commas to the end of each email address:
  1. Open your Excel file and select the column that contains your email addresses.
  2. Right-click on the column and select "Format Cells".
  3. In the "Number" tab, select "Custom" from the list on the left.
  4. In the "Type" field, enter the following:

    Code:

    @;@,
    This will format the cells to display the email addresses with a comma at the end.
  5. Click "OK" to close the "Format Cells" window.
  6. Now, we'll use the
    Code:

    CONCATENATE
    function to add the comma to the end of each email address. In a new column, enter the following formula in the first cell:

    Code:

    =CONCATENATE(A1,",")
    This assumes that your email addresses are in column A. If they're in a different column, replace "A1" with the appropriate cell reference.
  7. Press Enter to apply the formula to the first cell.
  8. Copy the formula down to the rest of the cells in the column by clicking and dragging the small square in the bottom right corner of the cell.

That's it! You should now have a column with all of your email addresses, each followed by a comma. You can now copy and paste this column into your email blast program.

CLR

How do I add commas after each text in each cell?

In an adjacent helper column (column B), put this in B1 and copy
down........

=A1&","

Then do Copy PasteSpecial Values on that column to get rid of the
formulas......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"ChrishBiz" wrote in message
I have a list of about 23,000 emails. I need to make an E-mail blast. The
only way I know how to do that is by adding a comma at the end of each

one.
How can I save the hassle of inserting a comma manually into each cell?

T. Valko

How do I add commas after each text in each cell?

Here's a short macro that will do this:

Sub AddComma()

Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Selection
If cell.Value < "" Then
cell.Value = cell.Value & ","
Else: cell.Value = cell.Value
End If

Next cell

End Sub

Place the code in a general module.

Select the range of cells in question then run the macro.

Biff