Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to stop calc using un-rounded data

Hi everyone,

I've used the percentage increase answer provided by GE Gimpsey to calculate
increase in fees for this year. Only problem was that the cells are all
formatted to 2 decimal places but calc'ed on full figure so that once rounded
soem of the figures were incorrect if you worked out the %age increase the
old fashioned way by calculator (not old enough - or clever enough - for the
old fashioned way to be in my head)

What can I do to make sure that the calculation is carried out to 2 dec
places without altering the orig data.

TIA
--
Thank you
Annie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Apologies to JE McGimpsey.

So embarassed at having got your name wrong on my first post to this forum.
Especially as the reason I noticed it was wrong was that you seem to provide
many of the answers here

Sorry again ;-) red
--
Thank you
Annie

"Annie" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've used the percentage increase answer provided by GE Gimpsey to calculate
increase in fees for this year. Only problem was that the cells are all
formatted to 2 decimal places but calc'ed on full figure so that once rounded
soem of the figures were incorrect if you worked out the %age increase the
old fashioned way by calculator (not old enough - or clever enough - for the
old fashioned way to be in my head)

What can I do to make sure that the calculation is carried out to 2 dec
places without altering the orig data.

TIA
--
Thank you
Annie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JMB JMB is offline

Perhaps you could use the Round function in your calculations to round the
numbers to 2 decimals (of course 2 decimals on a number that is already
formatted as % is actually 4 decimals).

"Annie" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've used the percentage increase answer provided by GE Gimpsey to calculate
increase in fees for this year. Only problem was that the cells are all
formatted to 2 decimal places but calc'ed on full figure so that once rounded
soem of the figures were incorrect if you worked out the %age increase the
old fashioned way by calculator (not old enough - or clever enough - for the
old fashioned way to be in my head)

What can I do to make sure that the calculation is carried out to 2 dec
places without altering the orig data.

TIA
--
Thank you
Annie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

One way would be to wrap your calculations with ROUND(), e.g.;

=ROUND(<your existing formula,2)

But if you're averaging or otherwise doing division, that won't
necessarily solve all your problems. See

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html