Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Last cell in row range with a result

I need to see if anyone can tell me if it's possible to find the last
cell in a range that has a result and not just a formulas. We have this
file that has a row of formulas as each cell it a different day of the
month. In another file I need to pull the current cell and at this time
I have to change the cell reference. Please let me know, thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

if you have a row of data , say row 3, with no included blanks, then the last
value in that row is:

=INDEX($3:$3,COUNTA($3:$3))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200713
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Gary''s Student wrote:
if you have a row of data , say row 3, with no included blanks, then the last
value in that row is:

=INDEX($3:$3,COUNTA($3:$3))

How are formulas that have no results treated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

That cell will be reported if it is the last cell in a row. For example if
the last cell in a row contains:

=INDEX($3:$3,COUNTA($3:$3))

then a blank will be reported.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200713

"George" wrote:

Gary''s Student wrote:
if you have a row of data , say row 3, with no included blanks, then the last
value in that row is:

=INDEX($3:$3,COUNTA($3:$3))

How are formulas that have no results treated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JMB JMB is offline

You might also try:
=LOOKUP(2,1/($3:$3<""),$3:$3)

"George" wrote:

Gary''s Student wrote:
if you have a row of data , say row 3, with no included blanks, then the last
value in that row is:

=INDEX($3:$3,COUNTA($3:$3))

How are formulas that have no results treated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

JMB wrote:
You might also try:
=LOOKUP(2,1/($3:$3<""),$3:$3)