Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default how do i enter date and time in cell without it changing

I WANT TO USE COMPUTER DATE AND TIME IN A CELL IN A WORKSHEET BUT I DO NOT
WANT IT TO CHANGE AFTER A MINUTE I WANT IT TO STAY AS IT WAS FIRST ENTERED IS
THIS POSSIBLE.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

iS THERE ANYWAY TO HAVE THIS AS A FORMULAE ?

"Paul B" wrote:

bete, Ctrl+; for date and Ctrl+shift+; for time

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"bete" wrote in message
I WANT TO USE COMPUTER DATE AND TIME IN A CELL IN A WORKSHEET BUT I DO NOT
WANT IT TO CHANGE AFTER A MINUTE I WANT IT TO STAY AS IT WAS FIRST ENTERED

IS
THIS POSSIBLE.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

To include both date and time in the same cell enter the shortcut
for the date then a space and then the shortcut for the time, and
it will be a legitimate Excel date and time.

More information on Date & Time in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm
More information on keyboard shortcuts
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm

If you want the timestamp entered automatically into an empty
cell when you fill in another cell see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#timestamp

And "bete" please don't use all caps or all lowercase as it makes
your post hard to read for those providing free help as well as
others who might also learn from your question. I've translated
for you. // David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Paul B" wrote...
bete, Ctrl+; for date and Ctrl+shift+; for time

"bete" wrote ...
I want to use computer date and time in a cell in a worksheet but
I do not want it to change after a minute, I want it to stay as it was
first entered. Is this possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

No, because you did not want the timestamp to change.

"bete" wrote...
iS THERE ANYWAY TO HAVE THIS AS A FORMULAE ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you
I have had a look at all three suggestions. unfortunately VBA is a little
too advanced for me.
column a I would like to have current date and time when I open workbook and
then when I enter information in columns b c,d,e, etc then I would like
current date and time to come into next row in column a when I need to select
an item from a drop down box in column b. Is this possible for a new user or
is it a more advanced formula that needs vba

"David McRitchie" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You have the code it is VBA, and everybody has to start sometime
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#timestamp
and the directions to install it arfe on the same page which is
rightclick on the worksheet tab, view code, paste code in...
so it shouldn't make any difference how simple or complicated
it is because you have the code and the means to use it.

If you are now trying to add drop down menus in column B
into the mix you would have to look at
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
but you should concentrate on one problem at a time.
---
HTH,