Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
zim zim is offline

Default auto enter date when another cell populated?

I have an s/sheet with order data: I need to create a macro or formula so
that when data is entered into i.e. Column C, the date is automatically
entered into Column A and the time into Column B. The dates / times need to
remain static / constant and not update when the file is reopened. Any
suggestions? (I've tried an = If(isblank etc.)... with Ctrl+; and
Ctrl+Shift+; but my date defaults to 1/1/00). Thanks for your help!

--
zim