Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
zim zim is offline

Default auto enter date when another cell populated?

Thanks much for your help! I'm good to go!!
--
zim

"Don Guillett" wrote:

right click sheet tabview codeinsert this.test

If Target.Column < 3 Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Offset(, -2) = Date
Target.Offset(, -1) = Time
Application.EnableEvents = True

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"zim" wrote in message
I have an s/sheet with order data: I need to create a macro or formula so
that when data is entered into i.e. Column C, the date is automatically
entered into Column A and the time into Column B. The dates / times need
remain static / constant and not update when the file is reopened. Any
suggestions? (I've tried an = If(isblank etc.)... with Ctrl+; and
Ctrl+Shift+; but my date defaults to 1/1/00). Thanks for your help!

--
zim