Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Data sheet populating into multiple sheets

I'm looking to build a spreadsheet with one main page that can be populated
with data and automatically pull that data over to other more specific
sheets.

For example, If I have sales on the main sheet and have check boxes for more
specific sales on the same sheet (i.e. liquor sales, food sales etc..) I want
that number to poulate on the specific sales sheet.

I'm assumming I have to wite an IF/Then Statement to say if an "x" is put
into a cell then copy and past the data in the specified cells within that
row and pull that information over to sheet Y.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

One response to your multi-post in .worksheet.functions
(Pl do not multi-post)
---
One option which might prove a close fit here ..

Try this sample construct from my archives:
http://www.savefile.com/files/430142
AutoCopy Lines to Resp Sht Non Array.xls
(Full details inside, nicely rendered. Easy to adapt ..)

Data is continuously entered in a master ("parent") sheet, with lines neatly
auto-copied to each individual ("child") sheet based on the values within a
key col.

In the sample, the key col in the master sheet is the "State" col, which may
contain eg: NY, CA, NV, SD, AZ, etc. All lines with "NY" in the key col will
be auto-copied to the sheet named: NY, and appear neatly bunched at the top.
Ditto for lines with "CA", "NV", etc in their respective sheets.

Propagation of the "child" sheet is as simple as making a copy of the
initial one, then renaming it accordingly as the key col value. Eg we first
formulate one child sheet for "NY", dress it up nicely, then just make copies
of the "NY" sheet, and rename these as: CA, NV, SD, etc.

In your case the key col would be the product type, eg: liquor, food, etc
--
Max
Singapore
"Shaun" wrote:
I'm looking to build a spreadsheet with one main page that can be populated
with data and automatically pull that data over to other more specific
sheets.

For example, If I have sales on the main sheet and have check boxes for more
specific sales on the same sheet (i.e. liquor sales, food sales etc..) I want
that number to poulate on the specific sales sheet.

I'm assumming I have to wite an IF/Then Statement to say if an "x" is put
into a cell then copy and past the data in the specified cells within that
row and pull that information over to sheet Y.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default excel copy

same

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Huh?

Perhaps you should visit the website listed below then post again.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

<Dixie Puckett wrote in message ...
same

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I don't think that is was a question I think that it was spam. From the
website:

EggHeadCafe was founded in 2000 by Microsoft Visual C# MVP's Peter Bromberg
and Robbe Morris. This site is dedicated to providing you with information
on the latest Microsoft .NET technologies.

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Huh?

Perhaps you should visit the website listed below then post again.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

<Dixie Puckett wrote in message ...
same

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

I don't think that is was a question I think that it was spam ...
Perhaps it won't be too long before spam masters the art of masquerading
itself as valid questions in newsgroups with fictitious but realistic
sounding poster names. Maybe it's already happening, who knows <g.