Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Conditional Formatting help - I think.

I am using Excel 2002 in the office and have many worksheets in a workbook.
My first sheet has cells set up as links to the different worksheets. Is it
possible to set up each cell(link) to show when the worksheet it is linked to
has been modified? I want to know if I can have something similar to what
Sharepoint shows when a file has been updated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I don't think you can do it in the sharepoint way but one possibility (not
very elegant). Assuming your hyperlink to a sheet was in A1

right click the sheet tab you are linking to, view code and paste in this

Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 2).Value = "changed"
End Sub

When the sheet is changed it will write "Changed" in B1 next to the
hyperlink. You can simply delete it from B1 when you acknowledge the change.

"Del_N" wrote:

I am using Excel 2002 in the office and have many worksheets in a workbook.
My first sheet has cells set up as links to the different worksheets. Is it
possible to set up each cell(link) to show when the worksheet it is linked to
has been modified? I want to know if I can have something similar to what
Sharepoint shows when a file has been updated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you, this is perfect.

I tested this out and found some things out that I wanted to note. "Sheet1"
should be changed to whatever you have the changed the sheet name to. The 2
in "Cells(1,2)" is which cell column you want the value to appear in. For
example, Column B is 2, Column C is 3, etc. And, "Changed" can be anything
you want to show in the cell for your update notice.