Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I create this type of workbook?

I need to create an excel spreadsheet but not sure how to achieve it. (this
is for commission payout)

On sheet 1 starting lefthand side is "name" next column would be "client"
next "PB" next "Paid Date" then "Outstanding"

The data would never be deleted and entries would just keep going down the
page, would be possible when I click on the "name" PD and Outstanding could
be linked to sheet2.

Any help on this would be great

Thanks
Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Tony

Why carry data to another sheet? You might be able to achieve what you
want by filtering the data.

If you highlight your header row and choose DataFilterAutofilter
you could use the dropdown on Name to select the required person and
click the dropdown on Paid Date and select Blank.
This would show all transactions which are outstanding.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"tonyva" wrote in message
I need to create an excel spreadsheet but not sure how to achieve it.
(this
is for commission payout)

On sheet 1 starting lefthand side is "name" next column would be
"client"
next "PB" next "Paid Date" then "Outstanding"

The data would never be deleted and entries would just keep going down
the
page, would be possible when I click on the "name" PD and Outstanding
could
be linked to sheet2.

Any help on this would be great

Thanks
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks for your reply Roger, I have used the Autofilter that you suggested
and that work really well.

A question for you, I have a columns of data I enter on a daily basis, the
data is all numeric and the totals add at the bottom. The problem is the
spreadsheet keeps gettin deeper and deeper, is there a way around this?

Thanks
Tony

"tonyva" wrote in message
I need to create an excel spreadsheet but not sure how to achieve it.
(this
is for commission payout)

On sheet 1 starting lefthand side is "name" next column would be
"client"
next "PB" next "Paid Date" then "Outstanding"

The data would never be deleted and entries would just keep going down
the
page, would be possible when I click on the "name" PD and Outstanding
could
be linked to sheet2.

Any help on this would be great

Thanks
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Tony

Insert extra rows at the top of the sheet and put your Totals there.

=SUBTOTAL(9,A3:A1000)
will add all of the visible cells between A3 and A1000 when a filter is
applied.

If you place your cursor in cell A3, then WindowsFreeze Panes, rows 1
and 2 will always be visible with row 1 holding your total and row2 your
header.

Look at help on Subtotals to see what the other parameters other than ,9
can do for you.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"tonyva" wrote in message
I need to create an excel spreadsheet but not sure how to achieve
it.
(this
is for commission payout)

On sheet 1 starting lefthand side is "name" next column would be
"client"
next "PB" next "Paid Date" then "Outstanding"

The data would never be deleted and entries would just keep going
down
the
page, would be possible when I click on the "name" PD and
Outstanding
could
be linked to sheet2.

Any help on this would be great

Thanks
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Tony

No, the formula needs to be entered in A1
A2 would be your Header, say Amount
A3 would be the first amount value - say 100

--
Regards

Roger Govier