Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Text Box hide & unhinde with mouse?

How do i Attach th text box on the right hand side corner of the sheet and
hide it their and when i take mouse their it comes out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Cannot be done in Excel with just a 'mouse-over'. Could be done with VBA
(macro) using Worksheet_SelectionChange() event. You would have to click on
a particular cell to make it come out (become visible).

"Anand vijay" wrote:

How do i Attach th text box on the right hand side corner of the sheet and
hide it their and when i take mouse their it comes out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

I hope I understand the OP correctly but not entirely sure what he/she really wants.

I would appreciate your comments on my idea.

1. Draw a rectangle inside a cell (using the drawing toolbar).
2. Right click on the rectangle, then Format AutoShape to remove the lines (colors and lines tab) to get the "hidden" effect.
3. Right click on the rectangle to insert hyperlink, link to the same worksheet.
4. Click on ScreenTip and type in text.

The text will not be seen unless "mouse-over" happens.

Just a thought. Have I missed anything? If I am totally off, have a good laugh.

Epinn

"Anand vijay" wrote:

How do i Attach th text box on the right hand side corner of the sheet and
hide it their and when i take mouse their it comes out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You may be on to something. I'd taken it to mean a text box as in a control.
So how about we wait until Anand vijay replies to your possible solution?
Always helps to get a different view of such things - I often seem to guess
wrong or miss offering alternative solutions. Thanks for joining in.

"Anand vijay" wrote:

How do i Attach th text box on the right hand side corner of the sheet and
hide it their and when i take mouse their it comes out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You can attach a Comment in a cell. Everytime you move your mouse to that
cell the comment will pop-up.

"Anand vijay" wrote:

How do i Attach th text box on the right hand side corner of the sheet and
hide it their and when i take mouse their it comes out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I am not able to create hyperlink in the Text Box. <<

As indicated in my response to your other thread, I don't think we can insert hyperlink to a **textbox**. Under this thread, I mentioned about drawing a **rectangle** inside a cell via the drawing toolbar (viewtoolbarsdrawing). In my opinion, a textbox is not the same as a rectangle. Experts, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

You may want to try mama's solution which is simpler. If you want to draw a rectangle and still not sure how, post back or search the net.

Good luck!

Epinn