Junior Member

Location: San Diego, Ca
Red face Problem with functions working

I seem to be having trouble with my functions. I type in the function and it isn't showing the result - just the formula.

For example I tried to concatenate: =CONCATENATE(A3,B3,C3,D3)

This was created using the wizard. So I'm pretty sure it is correct.

However the only thing showing in the cell is the formula. What setting do I have wrong?

Thanks
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Problem with functions working

There are a couple reasons why this may be happening.

Make sure "Display Formulas" is turned off. From the TOOLS Menu, select
OPTIONS. On the VIEW Tab, uncheck the box under Window Options labeled
"Formulas".

If that doesn't fix it, then your cell was most likely preformatted as Text.
Select the cell. From the FORMAT Menu, select CELLS. On the NUMBER Tab,
change the Category to "General". Click OK. Re-enter your formula (press F2
then Enter).

HTH,
Elkar

--
erajim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Format the cell to General then F2 and ENTER

The cell was most likely pre-formatted as text.

Or if this is the only formula on the sheet you may have View Formulas checked.
Hit CTRL + `(backquote above Tab key) to toggle view formulas on/off.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP