Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Closing a workbook upon opening another

I have been using macros to open, close and activate workbooks for years.
However, recently some users are not able to activate a workbook after Excel
has opened a different workbook because it closed the previous workbook.
Make sense so far.

Is there something in Excel that I can switch to get the program to leave
workbooks open when opening another?

Thanks,
Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Dave

The "closed" workbook could still be open but not showing on the taskbar.

Can you see it under Window?

Maybe you just have to go to ToolsOptionsView and check "Windows in Taskbar"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 09:39:01 -0800, Dave wrote:

I have been using macros to open, close and activate workbooks for years.
However, recently some users are not able to activate a workbook after Excel
has opened a different workbook because it closed the previous workbook.
Make sense so far.

Is there something in Excel that I can switch to get the program to leave
workbooks open when opening another?

Thanks,
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I cannot see it under Window and my "Windows in Taskbar" is checked. Just
not sure what is causing the file to close. When opening files outside of
Visual Basic I can open mutiple files no problem.

When our I.T. department re-installs Office, it fixes the problem. So, I
may have to continue to go this route.