Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Bob is offline

Default extending columns

I have more than 255 columns of info is it possible to extend the
spreadsheet? I need to be able to sort so that sometimes they are in date
order, sometimes in surname order so continuing on the next set down is not
an answer. I have 37 rows of more than 255 columns of info so turning through
90 degrees is not an answer either because this would not allow me to print
on one page - even in landscape, please help.
--
Thanks Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you use Excel 2007 you can go up to 16000. But if you do, I'm not sure if
someone with an older version of Excel would be able to see anything over
256.
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Bob" wrote in message
I have more than 255 columns of info is it possible to extend the
spreadsheet? I need to be able to sort so that sometimes they are in date
order, sometimes in surname order so continuing on the next set down is
not
an answer. I have 37 rows of more than 255 columns of info so turning
through
90 degrees is not an answer either because this would not allow me to
print
on one page - even in landscape, please help.
--
Thanks Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Bob is offline

Thanks for that I'm not really bothered if anyone else can read it so that
solves my problem. Can I get a copy from the net?

--
Thanks Bob

"Bob" wrote in message
I have more than 255 columns of info is it possible to extend the
spreadsheet? I need to be able to sort so that sometimes they are in date
order, sometimes in surname order so continuing on the next set down is
not
an answer. I have 37 rows of more than 255 columns of info so turning
through
90 degrees is not an answer either because this would not allow me to
print
on one page - even in landscape, please help.
--
Thanks Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Bob