Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Cutting and pasting from rows into columns and visa versa.

I have numerous spreadsheets that only initially has data in 2 columns
(Column A and B) and each spreadsheet has numerous rows.

I currently have to do the following:-

1. Select from rows 51 to row 100 and cut and paste into columns C and D.

2. Select rows 101 to 150 and cut and paste into columns E and F.

3. Select rows 151 to 200 and cut and paste into columns G and H.

4. etc. etc. etc.

As one can see this is a fairly routine and repetitive and therefore fits
ideally for a macro.

I have tried to record a macro but as the number of initial rows in Columns
A and B differs every time, the macro is not is not running correctly.

Additionally, I also have spreadsheet that I need to do exactly the opposite
to the above (i.e. I have multiple columns and I need to cut and paste the
values from columns C and D, E and F etc. etc. etc into the end position of
column A and B.

If anyone can help to create the perfect macros, then I would appreciate
their assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

See David McRitchie's web site.:
http://www.geocities.com/davemcritch...l/snakecol.htm