Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Using a formula to wrap text

I am using Excel 2000
I have a worksheet which is in effect an index containing a reference number
and an address. the addresses were typed in, one cell per address, using
ALT+ENTER at the end of each line laying it out like an address label. The
cells are formatted a wrapped text.

I am now able to make use of a linked spreadsheet from an Access database
maintained elsewhere and more importantly always up to date. However, each
line of the address is in a different column, 6 in all, and also the managers
name, which is a bonus.

I can use CONCATENATE to bring all the columns into one column but this
produces the managers name and the address as one long line. I tried entering
(CHAR(10)) between the column references but this did not work eg
=(A1&(CHAR(10))&B1).

I did think of using Word but I am not doing a mailmerge and other parts of
my main worksheet have some complex calculations which I do not think Word
could cope with.

QUESTION:
Is there a way, which I can enter as a formula, which would bring all the
fields together, starting each field on a new line.

Thank you in advance for your help
Sean Bishop
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=A1&CHAR(10)&B1&CHAR(10)&C1 with wrap text set on should give you what you want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:07:02 -0800, Sean Bishop
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Dear Gord,

Thank you for your answer. It worked.
I think I was overkeen with the brackets.
I had formatted the cells as Text with wrap text and your formula did not
work.
Reformatting as GENERAL with wrap text it worked perfectly.
again, thank you.
Sean Bishop

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers