Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default setting an assumption

What is an assumption and how do i set an assumption? I'm taking an excel
course in school and i just wanted some clearafication on assumptions. Thank
you in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

First it is unwise to assume that your first post failed.
Secondly, please give some example of what you are looking for ?
I am not going to make any assumptions yet.

Steve

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:36:01 -0000, beth
wrote:

What is an assumption and how do i set an assumption? I'm taking an excel
course in school and i just wanted some clearafication on assumptions.
Thank
you in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I was not trying to be unwise about posting a second time. I was cut off from
my internet and didn't see that it got posted again. So it was a mistake, it
was not done to cause problems.

In class we have to set up a work page for a fictional company and the
teacher wants us to put assumptions in the work sheet. I believe she
mentioned something about having an assumption for people who worked over 40
hours a week. I hope this adds some insite to what i am looking for. Thx in
advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

beth wrote:
I was not trying to be unwise about posting a second time. I was cut off from
my internet and didn't see that it got posted again. So it was a mistake, it
was not done to cause problems.

In class we have to set up a work page for a fictional company and the
teacher wants us to put assumptions in the work sheet. I believe she
mentioned something about having an assumption for people who worked over 40
hours a week. I hope this adds some insite to what i am looking for. Thx in
advance

Assumptions are not a function of Excel. I think maybe you should go
to the link below and type in assumption.

www.webster.com

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

beth

Sounds like you need "what if" solutions.

You may get what you want by using the Solver Add-in from ToolsAdd-ins

OR have a look at this site for managing Scenarios.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 09:54:01 -0800, beth wrote:

I was not trying to be unwise about posting a second time. I was cut off from
my internet and didn't see that it got posted again. So it was a mistake, it
was not done to cause problems.

In class we have to set up a work page for a fictional company and the
teacher wants us to put assumptions in the work sheet. I believe she
mentioned something about having an assumption for people who worked over 40
hours a week. I hope this adds some insite to what i am looking for. Thx in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you so much. That is what i needed. I'm sorry i had the wrong name.
Thank you for taking the time to answer.