Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default i need help with conditional formating with dates

I'm trying to link daily schedules to fill in automatically from information
entered into a weekly schedule. I have two conditional formatting questions
1.if a time is left blank on the weekly schedule and I need it to remain
blank on the daily I need to ... right now it automatically puts in 12:00 AM
on the daily if the weekly is left blank.
2.I want to place the letters RO or VAC in some time spaces on the weekly
and have the daily repeat that with a color or pattern fill, how do I do this?

Thanks so much for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Some thoughts ..

Assume source data is in sheet: Weekly
within cols A to E, from row2 down

In sheet: Daily,

Put in A2:
=IF(Weekly!A2="","",Weekly!A2)

Copy A2 across to E2, fill down as far as required
to cover the max expected extent of data in Weekly.

The above should cover your Q1

Now to apply the CF (your Q2) ..

Select cols A to E
(select the col headers "A" to "E", this ensures A1 is active)

Then click Format Cond Formatting,
make the setting for Condition 1 as:
Formula is:
=OR(A1="RO",A1="VAC")
Format to taste, Ok out

--
Max
Singapore
"mrseje1" wrote:
I'm trying to link daily schedules to fill in automatically from information
entered into a weekly schedule. I have two conditional formatting questions
1.if a time is left blank on the weekly schedule and I need it to remain
blank on the daily I need to ... right now it automatically puts in 12:00 AM
on the daily if the weekly is left blank.
2.I want to place the letters RO or VAC in some time spaces on the weekly
and have the daily repeat that with a color or pattern fill, how do I do this?

Thanks so much for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You will need to use simple IF statements to check whether the time is blank.
Something like this

if(A1="","" ,sheet2!A2)

Hope it helps
Eddie