Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default type in one sheet and appear on all sheets

Hi,
I have an excel spreadsheet that i use for work and it has 6 different
pages. Some of the pages have the same information as the first page. How can
i get the info from the first page to appear on all the other pages without
typing it into every page? I have tried to do the = on the last page and
carry it to the first page and press enter but on the last page all i get is
#value. Could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong.
thanks Jim.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Click on the sheet tab of the first sheet,
hold down the shift key.
This groups the sheets together,
anything typed on the first sheet will appear on all sheets.
To ungroup, right-click the tabs and select 'Ungroup Sheets'.

George Gee

"bigjim" wrote in message
I have an excel spreadsheet that i use for work and it has 6 different
pages. Some of the pages have the same information as the first page. How
can
i get the info from the first page to appear on all the other pages
without
typing it into every page? I have tried to do the = on the last page and
carry it to the first page and press enter but on the last page all i get
is
#value. Could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong.
thanks Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sorry, instructions incomplete!
Should read:

Click on the sheet tab of the first sheet,
hold down the shift key,
click on the sheet tab of the last sheet

"bigjim" wrote in message
I have an excel spreadsheet that i use for work and it has 6 different
pages. Some of the pages have the same information as the first page. How
can
i get the info from the first page to appear on all the other pages
without
typing it into every page? I have tried to do the = on the last page and
carry it to the first page and press enter but on the last page all i get
is
#value. Could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong.
thanks Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi George.
That would work fine if all the pages were the same but some of the boxes
are in different positions. So when i did that , it worked fine but on the
other pages ie:2,3,4and 5 it would not come up in the relevent spaces.The
problem i am having is that when i try to copy the existing data from the
first page, i get an error message ie: #value. if i try to copy straight from
the 2nd page it works fine. Just the first page has got me stumped.

"bigjim" wrote in message
I have an excel spreadsheet that i use for work and it has 6 different
pages. Some of the pages have the same information as the first page. How
can
i get the info from the first page to appear on all the other pages
without
typing it into every page? I have tried to do the = on the last page and
carry it to the first page and press enter but on the last page all i get
is
#value. Could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong.
thanks Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Jim I think your initial approach was correct. I have a 9 page (Tabs)
workbook that does what you want. I clicked "=" on the Tab 2 entry I wanted
the duplication to appear in , then clicked Tab 1 and the cell containing the
data to be duplicated "Enter". If you are getting a #value after doing this
I'm guessing your format on tab 2 isn't correct or the cell is to small. Once
the Tab 2 formula is correct you should be able to copy and paste it onto all
additional Tabs (easier than performing same functiuon for all sheets). This
formula will negate the "0" that appears if the duplicated cell (A1) is empty
=IF(Sheet1!$A$1<"",Sheet1!$A$1,"")
HTH
Lou

"bigjim" wrote in message
I have an excel spreadsheet that i use for work and it has 6 different
pages. Some of the pages have the same information as the first page. How
can
i get the info from the first page to appear on all the other pages
without
typing it into every page? I have tried to do the = on the last page and
carry it to the first page and press enter but on the last page all i get
is
#value. Could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong.
thanks Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It sounds like you are doing it correctly. You may need to expand the column
to see what is actually in the cell. If this is not the case, can you
elaborate on what kind of data is in the original cell? Is it text? Is it
numeric data? Is it a formula?
--
Melisa Morris

www.awomantoldme.com

"bigjim" wrote:

Hi,
I have an excel spreadsheet that i use for work and it has 6 different
pages. Some of the pages have the same information as the first page. How can
i get the info from the first page to appear on all the other pages without
typing it into every page? I have tried to do the = on the last page and
carry it to the first page and press enter but on the last page all i get is
#value. Could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong.
thanks Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The Excel Gods appeared in my sleep. The cell you are duplicating contains a
mathmatical function. The computation is not or cannot be completed (empty
data point) once the computation is done the duplicated cell will display as
expected.

The following will hide the #VALUE in duplicated cells.
If the cell you are duplicating is in cell A1 of Sheet1 paste this formula
in the cell where you want the duplication to appear;
=IF(Sheet1!$A$1= "#VALUE","",Sheet1!$A$1).
If the cell you want to duplicate isn't in A1 change both $A$1s to the
correct coordinates. I suggest you lock the duplicated cells and protect the
workboork to prevent inadvertant overwriting of them.
HTH
Lou