Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rookie 1st class Rookie 1st class is offline

Default type in one sheet and appear on all sheets

The Excel Gods appeared in my sleep. The cell you are duplicating contains a
mathmatical function. The computation is not or cannot be completed (empty
data point) once the computation is done the duplicated cell will display as
expected.

The following will hide the #VALUE in duplicated cells.
If the cell you are duplicating is in cell A1 of Sheet1 paste this formula
in the cell where you want the duplication to appear;
=IF(Sheet1!$A$1= "#VALUE","",Sheet1!$A$1).
If the cell you want to duplicate isn't in A1 change both $A$1s to the
correct coordinates. I suggest you lock the duplicated cells and protect the
workboork to prevent inadvertant overwriting of them.
HTH
Lou

"Melisa Morris" wrote:

It sounds like you are doing it correctly. You may need to expand the column
to see what is actually in the cell. If this is not the case, can you
elaborate on what kind of data is in the original cell? Is it text? Is it
numeric data? Is it a formula?
--
Melisa Morris

www.awomantoldme.com

"bigjim" wrote:

Hi,
I have an excel spreadsheet that i use for work and it has 6 different
pages. Some of the pages have the same information as the first page. How can
i get the info from the first page to appear on all the other pages without
typing it into every page? I have tried to do the = on the last page and
carry it to the first page and press enter but on the last page all i get is
#value. Could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong.
thanks Jim.