Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Tom Tom is offline

Default Desktop Shortcut

My sister who is many miles away has a problem. Her words:

Every time I save something in Excel, it puts a shortcut on my desktop. How
do I delete the shortcuts? If I say "Delete" it asks me if I want to send TG
Version xls (or whatever) to the Recycle Bin. I say "no!"

Why would Save produce a desktop shortcut?

TIA Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The closest explanation that I've ever seen is one by Jim Rech. He guessed that
your Recently used folder was incorrectly pointing at the desktop.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...bcb9e1d640d6b3

or

http://snipurl.com/hzqz

(That number will vary depending on the version of excel you're using.)

--

Dave Peterson