Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default decimal places in calculations

Can I force excel to use the exact value obtained by multiplying a number
which has six decimal places rounded to three places by a constant rather
than the value got by using the full six places in the calculation?
eg 1.105566 x 24 = 26.533484 but 1.106 x 24 = 26.544. I'm a tyro at both
excel and maths and the answer may be obvious. I want to align the results
from a capital gains calculation made by hand with one from a tax program.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

ToolsOptionsCalculation tab, check "Precision as displayed"

Check HELP first so you know what you're doing

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel