Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Protected Worksheets and Comments

Hi all,

I would like to be able to be able to add comments to a protected worksheet.

I am using Excel 2007 Beta.

When I "protect" the sheet, I do the following...

Yes = Select locked cells
Yes = Select unlocked cells
Yes = Edit Objects

Once the sheet is protected, I am able to click on add-comment, but then I
am told the sheet is protected and this is not allowed.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Darrell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Not sure about 2007 but try deselecting the "objects" selection.

In Excel 2000 when you select Tools-Protection-Protect Sheet the menu
looks like this...

Protect worksheet for
Contents
Objects
Scenarios

By deselecting objects you are allowed to add, remove, and edit comments. I
assume 2007 Beta should work the same in this case.