grockle

Default Comments will not delete from Worksheet

Hi

First post - be gentle!

I am unable to delete Comments from one of my worksheets. When I try
the machine just hangs (eggtimer) forever and the only way out is to
Ctrl/Alt/Del. It only happens on this one worksheet - Comments on
other Excel files delete OK.

I have not knowingly "protected comments" on this one or anything
similar. Any ideas as to what has happened?

Thanks
Grockle

--
grockle
grockle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26964

Chip Pearson

Are you sure that the worksheet itself is not protected?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"grockle"
wrote in message

Hi

First post - be gentle!

I am unable to delete Comments from one of my worksheets. When
I try
the machine just hangs (eggtimer) forever and the only way out
is to
Ctrl/Alt/Del. It only happens on this one worksheet - Comments
on
other Excel files delete OK.

I have not knowingly "protected comments" on this one or
anything
similar. Any ideas as to what has happened?

Thanks
Grockle

--
grockle
grockle's Profile:
View this thread:

grockle

No Chip, I'm pretty sure it is not protected. I dont get the choice to
"unprotect sheet" on the TOOLS menu anyway. Other worksheets in the
workbook are OK as are other files. It's wierd.

Grockle

--
grockle
grockle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26964
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401822

Dave Peterson

The one time I had a corrupted worksheet, I think the number of comments was
partially to blame (there were lots!).

Do you have lots of comments?

Are you trying to delete all of them?

Maybe clearing comments from a smaller range would help--or even one at a time?

Maybe using a macro would help (or maybe not!):

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim cmtCtr As Long

With ActiveSheet
For cmtCtr = 1 To .Comments.Count
.Comments(1).Delete
Next cmtCtr
End With

===
If all this fails, you may want to post more info on how you're trying to delete
the comments.

(or start rebuilding that worksheet?????)