Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Grouping patters of numbers in cell

Sir ,
i want to numbers written in cells be displayed as grouped in indian format
i.e. a number of 123456.00 can how be automatically group as 1,23,456.00
instead of 123,456.00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Grouping patterns of numbers in cell

Bob,

Today I discovered something. I was at the Control Panel, looking at regional and language options. I clicked on "customize" and clicked on the down arrow beside digit grouping. The last option from the list is interesting. It is related to this thread. I wonder which regions use this format. If I choose (of course I won't) the last option, all MS Office software and not just Excel will be affected, right?

If the poster's region uses this format all the time, do you see a problem if he/she changes the digit grouping to the last option? This is provided the option is there for him/her to choose from.

Just curious. I am always happy and want to tell when I have discovered something. But, of course I don't expect the same level of joy from others who have known all along ...... ;)

Epinn

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message ...

[=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00;[=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,##0.00

will format say 1234567890 as 123,45,67,890.00

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"eereokatohar" wrote in message
Sir ,
i want to numbers written in cells be displayed as grouped in indian

format
i.e. a number of 123456.00 can how be automatically group as 1,23,456.00
instead of 123,456.00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Epinn,

Interesting it is.

Unlike you, I threw caution to the wind and selected it. It didn't seem to
do anything, when I selected the comma style or currency style from the
formatting toolbar, I still got 123,456,789 format. I wonder if you also
need some language pack or something.

I think I will do some more investigations.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips