Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Information Rights Management

Running three independant PCs and laptop on microsoft workgroup network. Will
IRM work - what must I load to right protect a shared exel workbook?
(Workbook loaded on one computer and share with others ). Must I load onto
all 4 computers? Sorry I'm not as computer literate as some but learning.
Want to prevent copying, emailing, etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Take a look at this Microsoft information on IRM
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...ogies/irm.mspx

Quite frankly, I've never used it at home or work, so cannot give any help
from experience with it. There is one statement in that page that makes me
think you may not be able to do it because you are in a Workgroup:

"IRM relies on Microsoft Windows Rights Management Service (RMS) technology
in Microsoft Windows Server 2003. Microsoft Windows RMS has additional server
licensing requirements. "