Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to printout only selected rows and columns

Hi all.

here's my problem:

I have a sheet with headers: first name, surname, address1, address2,
someotherstuff
I would like to select some rows (continous) and appropriate columns
(continous) and get a simple printout of the selected data. ... for now
Later I would like to fomat this data in order to get proper labels as
prints.

I am sorry ... I haven't a clou how to start this reasonably and would
appreciate your help !!

TIA

Gina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Under FILE on the menu, choose PAGE SETUP Sheet. You should see two
used the row option, buth if the headers were in column A, I would put A:A in
the Column option. Then highlight what continues columns I wanted to print
and the appropriote headers in column A would print. Maybe you just have to
enter 1 for the Row if you want row 1 to print as stated.

Les

"Gina Meyer" wrote:

Hi all.

here's my problem:

I have a sheet with headers: first name, surname, address1, address2,
someotherstuff
I would like to select some rows (continous) and appropriate columns
(continous) and get a simple printout of the selected data. ... for now
Later I would like to fomat this data in order to get proper labels as
prints.

I am sorry ... I haven't a clou how to start this reasonably and would
appreciate your help !!

TIA

Gina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Pilot.

Thanks for your answer .... but unfortunately it is not what I need in this
case, I think
what I have tried so far is:

***********
Sub PrintMySelection()
Dim strTopLeft, strEndRight As String

strTopLeft = "$A$2"
strEndRight = "$E$3"
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = strTopLeft & ":" & strEndRight
ActiveSheet.PrintOut
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = Null

End Sub
************

What I would rather like to have is a more dynamic approach ....
whatever rows and columns I select
say next time ... I would like to have row 5-15 ( because I have selected
them)
.... same number of columns though

maybe someone can point me to right direction
(I am using Access 2000)

Thanks, Gina

"WLMPilot" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Under FILE on the menu, choose PAGE SETUP Sheet. You should see two

not

"Gina Meyer" wrote:

Hi all.

here's my problem:

I have a sheet with headers: first name, surname, address1, address2,
someotherstuff
I would like to select some rows (continous) and appropriate columns
(continous) and get a simple printout of the selected data. ... for now
Later I would like to fomat this data in order to get proper labels as
prints.

I am sorry ... I haven't a clou how to start this reasonably and would
appreciate your help !!

TIA

Gina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This is an Excel forum :)

Pilot's answer assumed you wanted the headers printed - because you
mentioned them.

Steve

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:07:16 +0100, Gina M. wrote:

[...]

A:A

--
Steve (3)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Steve
unbelievable ... I meant Excel ....
2000 ... I was probably thinking about better using access and wrote ...
ashes on my head

[...]

A:A

"Gina Meyer" wrote:

Hi all.

here's my problem:

I have a sheet with headers: first name, surname, address1, address2,
someotherstuff
I would like to select some rows (continous) and appropriate columns
(continous) and get a simple printout of the selected data. ... for
now
Later I would like to fomat this data in order to get proper labels
as
prints.

I am sorry ... I haven't a clou how to start this reasonably and
would
appreciate your help !!

TIA

Gina

--
Steve (3)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Mmmmm.

So the gist is that you want to select an area and print it from a macro
(button I guess)

2nd bit, was to remember the columns and on subsequent range selections
just alter the rows (using the previous columns)

Your macro works - but only for the area you hard-coded in.

Off to think - sorry

Steve

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:51:44 +0100, Gina M. wrote:

[...]

A:A

"Gina Meyer" wrote:

Hi all.

here's my problem:

I have a sheet with headers: first name, surname, address1,
address2,
someotherstuff
I would like to select some rows (continous) and appropriate columns
(continous) and get a simple printout of the selected data. ... for
now
Later I would like to fomat this data in order to get proper labels
as
prints.

I am sorry ... I haven't a clou how to start this reasonably and
would
appreciate your help !!

TIA

Gina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

How about:

Sub PrintSelection()
Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1
End Sub

That will send whatever you have currently selected to the default printer.

"Gina M." wrote:

[...]

A:A