Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Carriage Return in a Concatenation

I have a serveral lines of VB that I need to Concatate, I have them in
seperate columns b/c a few aspects will change. Currently my
Concatenation looks like =H2&I2&J2&K2, I need a carriage return between
&, I can get this result by putting each row colum on a seperate row,
but that is not really feasiable, I know that there has to be a better
way, any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=H2&CHAR(10)&I2&CHAR(10)&J2&CHAR(10)&K2

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a serveral lines of VB that I need to Concatate, I have them in
seperate columns b/c a few aspects will change. Currently my
Concatenation looks like =H2&I2&J2&K2, I need a carriage return between
&, I can get this result by putting each row colum on a seperate row,
but that is not really feasiable, I know that there has to be a better
way, any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

You could put =CHAR(10) in a helper cell (A1 used here), and use
this.........

=H2&A1&I2&A1&J2&A1&K2
or
=CONCATENATE(H2,A1,I2,A1,J2,A1,K2)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a serveral lines of VB that I need to Concatate, I have them in
seperate columns b/c a few aspects will change. Currently my
Concatenation looks like =H2&I2&J2&K2, I need a carriage return between
&, I can get this result by putting each row colum on a seperate row,
but that is not really feasiable, I know that there has to be a better
way, any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

This is working, thank you.
Gord Dibben wrote:
Carriage return is CHAR(10)

=H2 & CHAR(10) & I2 & CHAR(10) & on and on.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP