Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Centimeters to inches formula!

Is there a formula for converting centimeters into inches? I am really
new at excel so I do not know ? Any help would be appreciated. Thank
you.

--
rageon75
rageon75's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31862

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

There are 2.54 cm per inch

--
protonLeah

protonLeah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32097
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570955

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Can you give me an example of the formula. I really new at excel. Thank
you.

--
rageon75
rageon75's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31862
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570955

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Simple arithmetic........

In A1 you have 254

In B1 enter =A1/2.54

Will return 100 inches.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:23:16 -0400, rageon75
wrote:

Is there a formula for converting centimeters into inches? I am really
new at excel so I do not know ? Any help would be appreciated. Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Suppose you have 10 cm and you want to convert this to inches. Enter 10
into cell A1 and in B1 enter this formula:

=A1 / 2.54

If, then, you want to convert 12 cm, just enter 12 into cell A1 and you
will have your answer in B1.

Hope this helps.

Pete

rageon75 wrote:
Can you give me an example of the formula. I really new at excel. Thank
you.

--
rageon75
rageon75's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31862
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570955

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it!

--
rageon75
rageon75's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31862
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570955